Answer of Mr. Tri Djoko Assignment Chapter 5
Exercise Chapter 5 – Discovering Computer 2011 – Living in a Digital World
True / False
- C – Ergonomic keyboard
- A – Predictive text input
- B – Multi touch
- C – Graphic tablet
- D – Voice recognition
- C – Music production software
- C – Radio signals
- C – Gesture recognition
- Three different types of mouse devices are optical mouse, laser mouse, and air mouse.They are differentiated by the way they detect movement of the mouse that are transmitted to the pointer. Some use light to detect movement, some use laser-based light, and others use motion-sensing device.
- Point; Click; Drag; Double-Click; Right-Click.Point = Move the mouse until the pointer on the desktop is positioned on the
item of choice
e.g. (Position the pointer on the screen)
Click = Press and release the primary mouse button, which usually is the left
e.g. (Select or deselect items on the screen or start a program or program feature)
Right-click = Press and release the secondary mouse button, which usually is the right mouse button.
e.g. (Display a shortcut menu)
Double-click = Quickly press and release the left mouse button twice without moving the mouse.
e.g. (Start a program or program feature)
Drag = Point to an item, hold down the left mouse button, move the item to the
desired location on the screen, and then release the left mouse button.
e.g. (Move an object from one location to another or draw pictures)
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a technology that involves reading typewritten, computer printed, or hand-printed characters from ordinary documents and translating the images into a form that the computer can process.Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) is a technology that reads hand-drawn marks such as small circles or rectangles.
- The most widely used biometric device today is fingerprint reader.A fingerprint reader, captures curves and indentations of a fingerprint to identify whether the ‘input’ fingerprint are the right one.
- Americans with Disabilities Act are rules for company with 15 or more employees to make a reasonable attempt to accommodate the need of physically challenged workers.Gesture recognition and Computerized implant devices are ways for human to provide a natural computer interface for the physically challenged people through a means of just moving a small part of the body that are still functioning.