Answer of Mr. Tri Djoko Assignment Chapter 4
Exercise Chapter 4 – Discovering Computer 2011 – Living in a Digital World
True / False
- B – central processing unit
- B – arithmetic logic unit
- B – registers
- B – massively parallel processing
- C – firmware
- B – port replicator
- A – docking station
- D – front side bus
- Two types of Tablet PC’s are slate Tablet PC and convertible Tablet PC.The differences between those 2 design are the location of the system unit, whether it’s below the display or below the keyboard unit.
- Motherboard is the main circuit board of the system unit.Computer chip is a small piece of semiconducting material on which the integrated circuit are etched.
- The four basic operations of a machine cycle is fetching, decoding, executing, and storing.Register functions include storing the location from where an instruction was fetched, storing an instruction while the control unit decodes it, storing data while the ALU computes it, and storing the results of a calculation.
- Computers, peripherals, smart phones, PDAs, cars, and other consumer electronics are Bluetooth enabled.A computer can become Bluetooth enabled by purchasing a Bluetooth wireless port adapter, Bluetooth PC Cards and Express Card modules for traditional notebook computers and Tablet PCs, and Bluetooth cards for smart phones and PDAs.
- Compressed air can be used to removes dust and lint from difficult-to-reach areas and removes sticky liquid spilled on keyboards.Before cleaning a computer, turn it off and unplug it from any electrical source.
Disconnect all cables from the port. Use compressed air to blow away dust on the computer opening. Then wipe the case of the computer using antistatic wipe, use cleaning solution and a soft cloth to clean the computer screen.
Prepare also antistatic wristband, vacuum cleaner, and antistatic wipe to clean the inside of the computer.
If you are not comfortable cleaning the inside of your computer, call professional to do it for you.